Probate, Succession & Inheritance
Spanish probate solicitors advising on all aspects of Spanish succession and inheritance law:
- Inheritance & probate procedure
- Compulsory or obligatory heirship rules
- Intestacy rules
- Obtaining Grant of Probate
- Administration of estates including realisation of assets
- Revocation of wills
- Contentious matters involving disputed or defective wills
Probate cases typically fall into two categories:-
- 1. Administering the estate of non-Spanish nationals where either the deceased or the beneficiary or indeed both reside outside of Spain but the subject matter is Spanish sited assets.
- 2. Administering the estate where the deceased died domiciled in Spain but leaving assets in other jurisdictions e.g. UK, Ireland, Jersey, Gibraltar, USA, etc.
Upon instruction we will:
- Advise in clear and precise terms the documentation required.
- Draft any required powers of attorney.
- • Make arrangements with practising notaries outside of Spain to witness the execution of any required powers of attorney.
- Advise how and where to have documents legalised/apostilled.
- Arrange translations of English documents into Spanish.
- Prepare and arrange the execution of the Spanish probate deed (escritura de aceptación y adjudicación de herencia).
- Apply for NIE/tax numbers and register same with the tax office.
- Complete and file inheritance tax returns.
- Pay municipal (plusvalía) tax.
- Re-register all property and assets in the names of the beneficiaries.
- Make arrangements for property to be sold.
- Make arrangements for accounts or investements to be closed/sold.
- Remit net proceeds of estate to beneficiaries.
In the case of estates being probated in other jurisdictions:
- Engage local lawyers or advocates if required.
- Prepare powers of attorney.
- Prepare affidavits or Certificates of law.
- Arrange translation of Spanish documents into English.
- Prepare any required oaths or affidavits.
- Prepare any required Oaths or Affidavits.>/li>
- Request grant of probate or letters of administration.
- Administer the estate.
We have acquired particular expertise in obtaining a UK Grant of Probate in respect of a foreign domiciled deceased.
Spain - Law in your language English solicitor & Spanish abogado conveyancing, probate, succession, inheritance, family, matrimonial, divorce, separation, affidavits & oaths.